Through a collaboration of faculty, staff, parents and community members, the mission of Bath Middle School is to:
- Ensure a safe, nurturing, and positive environment where all our students have the opportunity to succeed.
- Achieve and maintain academic excellence.
- Meet the developmental needs of diverse learners.
- Challenge students to develop academic, technological, and critical thinking skills for life long learning.
- Enable students to become contributing members of society, and, promote respect and appreciation for cultural differences.
Awards and Special Acknowledgments
BMS is proud to acknowledge the diverse accomplishments and achievements of our incredible students in many different ways:
- AAA: At the end of each quarter BMS staff recognize our AAA Award Recipients! Our most prestigious award recognizes students for their outstanding Achievement, positive Attitude and consistent Attendance.
- BMS Pride: BMS Pride is a program that recognizes students who demonstrate a pride in their school through positive work and citizenship. Areas for recognition are responsibility, respect and positive role modeling. Students who are recognized by staff have their names placed in a weekly drawing for a prize.
- Honor Roll: BMS recognizes academically excellent Honor Roll/High Honors/Honorable Mention students every quarter. Honor Roll students are recognized with certificates and their names are placed in the local newspaper, The Times Record.
- Awards Night: Every Spring, Bath Middle School holds an Awards Night to recognize student achievement at BMS. Many students are honored at Awards Night. Teaching teams reward outstanding performance in each subject as well as acknowledge the most improved student and a student who displays outstanding citizenship from each house. The Secretary of State's Good Citizenship Award, the Phoenix Award, the Renaissance Award, the Student Council Awards, and the Kemp Awards are also presented during the evening's event.